The application process



There is only a few requirements to become a foodora rider:

• You’ll need a bicycle, scooter or car

• Be at least 18 years old

• Have a valid work and residence permit for Denmark

• A Danish and clean criminal record (Max 1 month old)

• You’ll need a smartphone, which is new enough to launch our rider app (which are basically all smartphones that you can find on today’s market)

Furthermore, you will need to upload some required documents in the sign up form criminal record, photo of your passport and work permit.



We will also ask you to upload your Danish criminal record in the sign up form. Below you will find a link to apply for your criminal record. Your criminal record needs to be clean for your application as a foodora rider to be accepted and a maximum of one month old.

Click here to apply for your criminal record



You’ll need to upload a photo of your passport/ID to your application.

You can just take a photo with your phone, just remember that the photo must be of the page with your profile picture and personal details.



You have to be a Danish citizen or have a valid work- and residence permit to work as a foodora rider in Denmark. You can see the requirements below. It is your own responsibility to make sure that you have the right documents in order. In case you are in doubt, please follow the links listed below to find more information. You will need to upload different information in the sign up process depending on your nationality.

Remember to keep an eye on when your work permit expires. It is your own responsibility to send a new work permit and preferably in good time before your second one expires, as our system automatically closes your rider profile based on the date on the previous document.

a. Visa type D & Work permit type Z

If you have a work permit Z or visa D, we set up your rider profile so that you can only work 20 hours a week, which are the conditions for these types of work permits. If you have documents that state that it is permissible for you to work more than the 20 hours per week, please send it to [email protected]. In the summer months, it is permitted to work more than the 20 hours, whereby we set up your profile to be able to work more weekly (We point out that there may be ongoing changes to this).


b. Citizen outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland

If you are a citizen from a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you must apply for a residence and work permit before you enter Denmark. You can read more about how to apply HERE.

We will ask you to upload these documents (or photos hereof) when applying to become a foodora Rider:

• Residence Document

• Work Permit

• Passport

c. Citizen from EU/EEA or Swiss Citizens

Citizens from the Nordic countries, the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are entitled to live and work in Denmark. However, if you are an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen and intend to reside in Denmark for more than three months, you must apply for an EU residence document. Read more about it HERE.

You can also apply for the EU residence document HERE.

We will ask you to upload these documents (or photos hereof) when applying to become a foodora Rider:

• EU Residence Document

• Passport

d. Danish Citizen

We will ask you to upload these documents (or photos hereof) when applying to become a foodora rider:

• Passport

The documents are easy to acquire if you follow the guides.

e. Your rights if you are working as a foodora rider with a limited work- and residence permit

Before you start working as a foodora rider, it is very important that you double check what type of residence permit you have. The type of your residence permit is decisive for when and how much you are able to work as a foodora rider.

If you are a citizen of a country outside the Nordic region, an EU / EEA country or Switzerland, you must have a valid work permit before you can work in Denmark. A work permit may contain restrictions.

It is important that you note when your work permit expires and that you make sure to get the permit extended as the expiration date approaches. If you do not get the permit extended and notify us at [email protected], your contract will be automatically terminated on the day your work permit expires.

foodora regularly double-checks your work and residence permit to ensure that you comply with your rights, but it is equally your own responsibility to ensure that you do not break your permit, as this may result in a police report. If you do not comply with your permission, your cooperation with foodora will end with immediate effect.

If you click HERE, you can see an overview of residence cards and here you can find your residence cards that tells you when and how much you are allowed to work.


Our whole recruitment process takes place online and it is easy to apply via

Remember to have the listed documents above ready when you sign up.

In the sign up process you will have to register with your own car, scooter or bike depending on which vehicle you prefer.

a. What if I want to register both by car and bike as a vehicle?

When you sign up as a foodora rider, you choose which primary vehicle you would like to ride with. The vehicle you sign up with matters in terms of which shifts are available to you. If you want to use both your bike and car, please write an e-mail to us at [email protected], so we can register this in our system. If you are registered with both vehicles, it is just important that you only take shifts after the vehicle that you want to use in connection with the delivery – and that you check in the app with the right vehicle when you have a shift.

b. What do I do if I want to ride in another city?

We are happy that you want to continue as a foodora rider with us in another city. So far we have riders in 7 cities and we expect to grow to even more. You just have to write us an e-mail at [email protected] about which city you would like to ride in, and we will automatically change your location in the foodora rider app.


Once you have complete your application and have signed your contract, we’ll send your equipment to you to your nearest parcel shop. Unless you have requested not to receive any.

Before you go on your first session as a foodora rider, you’ll need to register at the DVFA, we’ll show you a guide here below.

After you’ve been registered as a rider at the DVFA, you need have your control report with you when you deliver orders (either on your phone or printet). 



You’ll need to have a permit from the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (DVFA) to transport food. It is really simple to apply and receive. Click on the link below to register and follow the application guide, if you need guidance in applying. This is very important, so you won’t get a fine from the DVFA.

Click here to register

Click here to find the guide

When you have received your control information, please forward it to [email protected]

a. How do I delete my registration from the DVFA?

If you want to stop working as a foodora rider and you wish to delete your registration from the DVFA it is easy to do here, if you follow this guide:

Guide on how to delete registration from the DVFA

b. How much does a permit from the DVFA cost?

The permit from the DVFA is free to acquire, but to maintain the permit there’s an annual fee to pay. You can read more here.